A brief that ran on page C4 in Thursday's edition listed the incorrect day for Rich Meyer's cancer benefit. The sloppy joe dinner to raise money for his cancer treatments will be held on Friday.
- Entertainment Calendar May 23-29
- Exhibits Arts Center of St. Peter — Paintings by Charlie Putnam and LeAnn Gehring-Ryan through June 16 at 315 S. Minnesota Ave., St. Peter. Hours: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 1-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Blue Earth County Library, Mankato —
Chicago poet to headline society event
South Side, Chicago Poet Philip S. Bryant once referred to his formative years as “misspent youth.”
- MSO explores architectural inspiration in today's chamber music series finale Andrew Norman, a talented 33-year-old composer from New York, draws much of his inspiration from architecture. According to Norman’s website, his piece "The Companion Guide to Rome" is a unique composition that is “at different times and in different
- Rosaline's eyes In February, Wells native Taylor Allis made a life-changing decision. After taking a semester off from her studies at Augustana College to make good on her intent to teach abroad, Allis accepted an invitation to travel to Haiti with a team from Sioux
- Names and Notables Hickory Tech The Hickory Tech Foundation recently presented a $1,000 grant to Creative Play Place in St. Peter. The funding is being used to support the Literacy Lending Bag project that lets families, child care providers and preschool teachers chec
- Keeping the saddle warm Clothed in a pair of decrepit cowboy boots, dusty blue jeans, a western style shirt, and a 10-gallon hat with a thick mustache resting below the nose, folk musician Pop Wagner is a man who seems to have rode horseback onto stage from the bright eye o
Today Author John Thavis “The Vatican Diaries” Q&A -- 6:30 p.m., Barnes & Noble, 1850 Adams St., Mankato, 345-3444. Blue Earth County Library storytime -- 10:30 a.m., Blue Earth County Library, 100 E. Main St., Mankato, free,
- MSU grad to continue Broadway run in 'Once' The story continues for Claire Wellin, the 2008 musical theatre graduate from the Minnesota State University Department of Theatre & Dance, who appeared on Broadway in April and May in the Tony Award-winning musical “Once.” She has been told that sh
'In Stitches': Bethany theatre costumes on display
'In Stitches' will be on exhibit through May 29 at the Twin Rivers Council for the Arts Gallery.
- More Currents Headlines