MANKATO — Today's Currents stories include: the Waseca Art Center's exhibit of artist illustrations for Susan Chambers' poetry; Tanner Kent's column on Nellie Oleson's Mankato visit for Laurapalooza; and a preview of Sunday's ice cream social to help the School Sisters of Notre Dame celebrate 100 years on Good Counsel hill. Also, the weekly entertainment and art exhibit calendars.
- Local News
Dutler Bowl owner faces swindle charge
Ruth Dutler's brother said she failed to repay loan
Commissioners grilled in court over attorney pay
Blue Earth County assistant prosecutors in court fighting for higher pay.
Waiting may continue for Mankato civic center
As the prospects for a bonding bill this year dimmed, Mankato City Manager Pat Hentges is all but resigned to waiting another year and making a seventh try for state money to expand the Verizon Wireless Center.
Record gas prices hit Mankato, Minnesota
Gas prices have hit a new record with Minnesota average prices at $4.23 per gallon Friday. Mankato gas stations were selling at $4.19 a gallon.
Woman, 19, run over by tractor
A 19-year-old woman was injured Thursday when she was run over by a tractor at a farm south of Lafayette. The woman injured was Kallie Gussisberg.
Minn. House to debate lawmaker pay hike panel
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The Minnesota House is planning to vote on a constitutional amendment that would take decisions about their own pay out of their hands.
- Rain barrel/compost bin orders top in state MANKATO -- Blue Earth County partnered with the Recycling Association of Minnesota for the first time this season to offer residents rain barrels and compost bins at a discounted price as part of a pre-order sale. The largest number of orders was sol
- Jack Link's donating $10,000 to Mankato area schools MANKATO -- Jack Link's Beef Jerky will present a $10,000 check to Mankato Area Public Schools during the School Board meeting Monday. This will be the second year Jack Link's has donated to the school district. Last year, Mankato Area Public Schools
- Bird banding event canceled MANKATO -- The bird banding event scheduled for Saturday at Minneopa State Park has been canceled.
- State loses jobs, but unemployment rate down Statewide unemployment numbers dropped, but the state also lost 11,000 jobs in April, according to the state's Labor Market Information office research director. Steve Hine kicked off his monthly briefing with media with a frank assessment of the sta
- More Local News Headlines
- Dutler Bowl owner faces swindle charge