Thursday's Currents stories include: Classes beginning at Sonny Bryant's Mankato Drum Center; Tanner Kent's column on a Star Tribune copy editor's book of fascinating archived news stories; and a short story on the Betsy-Tacy exhibit at the Carnegie Art Center just in time for the Betsy-Tacy Convention. Also, the weekly entertainment and art exhibit calendars.
- Local News
Mankato Clinic breaks ground on Children's Health Center
The Children's Health Center will house the pediatrics department and a Mankato location for Gillette's Children's Specialty Healthcare and Pediatric Therapy Services.
- Priest who served in area accused of sex abuse The allegations of a sexual abuse victim, identified as John Doe 103, are included in a lawsuit filed Tuesday against the Diocese of New Ulm.
- County property taxes frozen for 2014 Blue Earth County Board takes first look at next year's budget.
- Lancers land several first-place finishes
- County attorney, board spar over staffing Spat follows court challenge of prosecutor salaries
Skeletal remains are of homeless man, authorities say
Authorities say remains are of 38-year-old Maverick Henry Arrowood.
Minn. lawsuit accuses dead Irish priest of abuse
Suit names Francis Markey, who was extradited to Ireland in 2010 to face sexual abuse charges there. He died a year before going on trial.
North Mankato discusses how to repay $3.2 million in internal debt
The debt study has already resulted in changed policies for new subdivisions.
- Mankato schools save on workers comp
- No Headline Provided
- More Local News Headlines
- Mankato Clinic breaks ground on Children's Health Center