NORTH MANKATO — Highway 14 traffic from Lookout Drive to Nicollet County Road 77 will be detoured beginning Friday, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The Highway 14 detour will include County Road 13, County Road 6 and County Road 77/Lookout Drive. The detour will be in place until fall.
Motorists are encouraged to find alternate routes if possible. Local traffic may want to use LorRay Drive as an alternative. Caution should be used on the detour route as it includes stop conditions.
The Highway 14 project in North Mankato is being built in phases in two years.
The 2012 construction project includes:
* Constructing embankment for bridge and ramps at the County Road 41 interchange
* Constructing ditches, ponds and drainage structures
* Grading westbound Highway 14
* Grading and paving eastbound Highway 14 lanes
* Grading, paving and completing the roundabout at County Road 6, Pleasant View Drive and Country Road 41
Mathiowetz Construction of Sleepy Eye is the prime contractor for the $8.6 million project.