Democrat Walz beats Quist, wins 4th term representing southern Minnesota in US House.
- Local News
- BackPack program wins $20,000 from Walmart MANKATO -- A food program that helps students in Mankato has been selected as one of 60 winning hunger relief agencies to receive a $20,000 grant from Walmart's Fighting Hunger Together initiative. The BackPack Food Program is among the 100 food bank
- Accountant fails to pay tax bill, loses license WASECA -- A Waseca accountant who was accused of failing to pay more than $100,000 in estate taxes for a client has lost his license to work as a certified public accountant. The CPA license for Roger Goetz Jr. of DeRaad & Goetz Accounting was revoke
- Charter School a top Reading Rocks school LAFAYETTE -- The students at Lafayette Charter School participated in the Minnesota Department of Education's Reading Rocks program from November to the end of April and were ranked No. 1 in the state's reading competition. The students read a total
Dutler Bowl owner faces swindle charge
Ruth Dutler's brother said she failed to repay loan
Commissioners grilled in court over attorney pay
Blue Earth County assistant prosecutors in court fighting for higher pay.
Waiting may continue for Mankato civic center
As the prospects for a bonding bill this year dimmed, Mankato City Manager Pat Hentges is all but resigned to waiting another year and making a seventh try for state money to expand the Verizon Wireless Center.
Record gas prices hit Mankato, Minnesota
Gas prices have hit a new record with Minnesota average prices at $4.23 per gallon Friday. Mankato gas stations were selling at $4.19 a gallon.
Woman, 19, run over by tractor
A 19-year-old woman was injured Thursday when she was run over by a tractor at a farm south of Lafayette. The woman injured was Kallie Gussisberg.
Minn. House to debate lawmaker pay hike panel
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The Minnesota House is planning to vote on a constitutional amendment that would take decisions about their own pay out of their hands.
- Rain barrel/compost bin orders top in state MANKATO -- Blue Earth County partnered with the Recycling Association of Minnesota for the first time this season to offer residents rain barrels and compost bins at a discounted price as part of a pre-order sale. The largest number of orders was sol
- More Local News Headlines