- State, national news
- Military sex abuse victims seek VA help WASHINGTON (AP) — More than 85,000 veterans were treated last year for injuries or illness stemming from sexual abuse in the military, and 4,000 sought disability benefits. The numbers underscore the staggering long-term impact of a crisis that has r
- Senate committee moves toward vote on immigration WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate Judiciary Committee is aiming to wrap up work this week on a sweeping immigration bill and send it to the full Senate for consideration. First, lawmakers must settle a few remaining disputes. One involves amendments over
- Suburban Twin Cites poverty increasing ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — A new report shows poverty in the Twin Cities suburbs is growing faster than many other metropolitan areas in the nation. A study by the Brookings Institution released Monday ranks the Twin Cities suburbs among the top 10 metr
- Indoor pot production leaves giant carbon footprint SEATTLE — Marijuana growing is not a green industry. Done mostly indoors in, pot production often uses hospital-intensity lamps, air conditioning, dehumidifiers, fans and carbon-dioxide generators to stimulate plants and boost their potency. The pow
No comparison between Watergate and Benghazi
Standing before reporters Thursday, President Obama declined an invitation to compare the recent scandals weighing down his administration with those that forced President Nixon to resign in 1974. So allow us to do the work for him: There is no compa
- Tornadoes level homes in Okla., at least 21 injured SHAWNEE, Okla. — One of several tornadoes that touched down Sunday in Oklahoma turned homes in a trailer park near Oklahoma City into splinters and rubble and sent frightened residents along a 100-mile corridor scurrying for shelter. The tornadoes,
- Minn. lawmakers take budget debate down to wire ST. PAUL — The final pieces of Minnesota's next two-year budget were falling into place Sunday amid a time crunch for lawmakers to get it all approved. The state House worked past sunrise, pulling an all-nighter that started with votes on major budg
- 1 winning ticket sold in Fla. on Powerball DES MOINES, Iowa — A lottery official says 1 winning ticket has been sold in Florida for a record Powerball jackpot of more than $590 million. Terry Rich, a lottery official in Iowa, confirmed the ticket matching all six numbers was sold in Florida.
- Minn. House backs nursing home pay hike ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The Minnesota House has voted to give nursing home workers in the state a 5-percent pay increase. The pay hike is included in a broader, $6 billion a year budget for health and human services programs that the House passed Fri
Minn. House passes lawmaker pay hike panel
The Minnesota House has approved a 2016 constitutional amendment that would take decisions about legislative pay raises out of the hands of lawmakers themselves.
- More State, national news Headlines